European Car Repair And Maintenance
When it comes to the vehicle that gets you where you need to be, there’s no such thing as too much care and maintenance. Cars tend to break down when you need them the most, and that’s not fun for anyone. To help keep your vehicle in pristine working condition, remember to think about preventative car repair and maintenance.
Clarke’s European specializes on these routine services for European and other import makes and models, including Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Volvo, Volkswagen and more. We also service Asian and Domestic vehicles.
Easy Ways to Maintain Your Vehicle
- Tire rotation: It is recommended to rotate tires every six months or every 6,000 to 8,000 miles. The wear on all four tires is not consistent, which is why rotating the tires around your vehicle throughout the year helps them get used evenly to avoid a premature flat.
- Factory-scheduled maintenance: Nobody knows your vehicle better than the factory that built it. Trust the expert opinion from the maker about when to make certain repairs. Factory-scheduled maintenance typically includes changing the engine oil and filter, inspections of brakes and related parts, examination of the radiator and other air intakes, and tire condition and pressure. Each European vehicle has a different recommended schedule. Contact us today to learn what is recommended for your specific make and model.
- Pre-purchase inspections: Before you invest in a new vehicle, bring it by for our certified mechanics to inspect. We will evaluate the cosmetic, mechanical, and safety conditions before you make a purchase.
- Belts and hoses inspections: The belts and hoses in your car keep the pieces running fluidly. The constant vibration and exposure to the elements and pollutants cause these parts to wear out quickly. Regular inspection can lead to early detection of problems before a belt snaps or a hose leaks, which can cause costly damages.
- Battery change-over and charging: Did you know you should change your car battery every three years? Many batteries lose complete reliability after four or five years, which could leave you stranded and in need of a jump.
- Cooling system flush and exchange: Also known as a radiator flush, cooling system service is a relatively easy repair that saves a lot of trouble down the road. The system is flushed with new antifreeze and conditioner.
- Windshield wiper inspections and exchanges: It’s generally pretty easy for drivers to tell when they need to replace their windshield wipers – you know, when you’re driving through a storm and can barely see through the windshield. A good windshield wiper typically lasts between six months and a year in Vancouver.
About Clarke’s European
Located right on Main Street in Vancouver, WA, Clarke’s European has proudly served the greater Vancouver and Portland metro areas since 1980. Our mechanics specialize in service for European makes and models, but we also provide quality repair and parts for Honda, Acura, Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Mazda and Subaru.
We offer free consultations prior to all car repair and maintenance so you know exactly what needs to be done with your vehicle and how much it will cost.
Schedule your free consultation today to make sure your car is in good working condition.