Heating And Air Conditioning Service
Comfort is key, especially for the people who have long commutes and spend a lot of time in the car every day. The efficiency of a heater or air conditioner can be the difference between enjoying your time in the car and being absolutely miserable.
When something about your heating or A/C unit seems to drop the ball, leaving you sweating during the summer and freezing in the winter, you can trust Clarke’s European for heating and air conditioning service on all European makes and models, especially Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Volvo, and Volkswagen. We also regularly repair Asian and Domestic vehicles, including Honda, Acura, Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Mazda, and Subaru.
Common Temperature Control Services
- Heater Service: Whether the air you feel isn’t as warm as it once was or the fan speed doesn’t seem to change with the dial, a quick heater inspection can identify the problem happening under the hood.
- Heater Core Replacement: The heater core is responsible for transferring heat from the engine to the cabin of the vehicle. There could a problem with the tubing, fins, coolant, or fans that is keeping you disconnected from the heat. A heater core replacement is an affordable solution to a comfort problem.
- Heater Hose Service: To help cool the engine, antifreeze is transferred through hoses to draw the heat away from the engine itself. Heater hoses transfer the heat, in the form of antifreeze, from the engine to the heater core.
- Thermostat: This metal valve is the key to regulating the temperature inside your vehicle as it detects it from the coolant coming from the engine. Thermostat replacement is most commonly the solution when the car is overheating.
- Dash Control Components: The best way to enjoy the warmth or the A/C inside your vehicle is with your very own controls. These dash controls are how you regulate the temperature, fan level, and airflow direction. Our mechanics can help you install an aftermarket system or replace the stock controls if they break.
- Automatic Temperature Control Systems: Commonly known as ATC systems, the Automatic Temperature Control system is an intricate connection of various parts that help regulate the temperature inside the cabin. This could include service for the electric motors, vacuum solenoids, refrigeration, ductwork, and wiring, to name a few.
- Component Replacement or Repair: The five main components for the A/C in your vehicle are the compressor, condenser, evaporator, thermal expansion valve, and the drier or accumulator. All of these components must be working together for you to feel the chilled air when you press the button.
- A/C Evacuate & Recharge Service: If it feels like your A/C doesn’t have the oomph it once did, it may be in need of refrigerant evacuation and a system recharge. This cleanses old refrigerant from the system, flushes it through with new fluid, and recharges the system to give it a powerful boost.
Not sure what service you need? Call us to schedule a free consultation so we can inspect your car and help you find the right solution. We want you to be as comfortable in your vehicle as possible!