With over 300 tiny islands, Fiji has some of the best locations when it comes to paddle boarding. Moreover, this is a popular sport in Fiji where you are bound to see many locals and tourists doing this activity during their holiday in Fiji. If you wish to get hooked onto this activity yet are a beginner, then these tips will surely help you.
- Consider the Climate – Since this watersport is an outdoor activity, you need to keep an eye on the weather. Bad weather leads to strong currents and this makes it difficult and hard to paddle board. Make sure you are constantly looking at the weather before heading over to the waters for paddle boarding.
- Learn a Few Basics – As a beginner, it is important to know some of the basics of paddle boarding. For instance; learn more about balancing and changing the direction before heading straight for the waters.
- Do Not Exert – Paddle boarding is bound to test your physical limits. Therefore, as a beginner, it is important to enjoy paddle boarding for a maximum of one hour.
- Wear the Correct Outfit – Paddle boarding will require you to wear the correct outfit such as board shorts, t-shirts and bikini’s. Avoid wearing jeans or anything that is thick to make it easier while paddle boarding.
- Look for Hire Place – Fiji has many places that offer paddle boards on rent basis. It isn’t expensive so you can have a great time.
Make sure to stay in one of the best five star Fiji island resorts for a comfortable stay.